- About Us
- Food & Drink
- Hire Us
- Take Part
- Support Us
- Booking Links
macrobert is looking for a part-time chef (15-20 hours per week) to join its Catering and Hospitality team. The Chef reports to the Kitchen Supervisor and works closely with the Hospitality Supervisor, Charge hands and the Venue and Admin Officer. The Chef is responsible for
• Preparing, cooking and presenting food of the highest quality
• Working with colleagues to providing a timely and efficient food service
• Working with colleagues to develop and deliver a range of high quality menus, including daily
• Working with colleagues on standardising presentation and portion control
• Working with the Kitchen Supervisor to ensure all stock is maintained to adequate levels
• Receive deliveries of stock
• Ensure stock is securely put / locked away
• Record all wastage and file any daily stock wastage sheets
• Overseeing the work of the Kitchen Porters to ensure kitchen and stores are kept clean and rubbish disposed of
General Kitchen management
• Adhering to relevant legislation, regulations, guidelines and good practice within the kitchen
• Attend Catering meetings as required
• Ensuring the cleanliness and safe use of all equipment at all times
• A good team player with a flexible approach to work ; able to manage multiple priorities; good attention and eye for detail
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience as a chef in a professional kitchen; knowledge of relevant legislation relating to the hospitality industry; ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative; knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation relating to the kitchen; REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate
The restaurant is normally open six days a week (Tues-Sun), 10am to 7.45pm (last orders), and opens on occasional Mondays when there are events. You will be required to exercise a degree of versatility and flexibility, which will involve regular evening and weekend work.
• Hours of work will be in the region of 15 to 20 hours per week.
• The hourly rate is £6.97 per hour.
• Additional hours may be available dependant on programming and event hires.
• There will be a three-month probationary period
• appointments are subject to appropriate written references.
Applications in the form of a CV with covering letter and the names of two referees should be sent to Karen Somerville, macrobert, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the closing date of December 10th.